The following case studies are composites of multiple individuals. Any resemblance to an actual person or organization is coincidental.
A highly talented and valued executive was promoted to director and struggled with low productivity in his business unit. I reviewed the company’s competency model, the director's most recent 360 report, met with coworkers in his business unit and designed an assessment process to evaluate the competencies for his job position.
A large financial institution's project management team was tasked with generating and executing difficult decisions after a major economic downturn. Although they were not considered a cross functional team, their retail, commercial, and enterprise products frequently competed for resources.
To address these team conflict and other issues, we generated a list of objectives and held monthly meetings to discuss trust-building, communication skills, applied problem solving etc. A year later, group members reported that the level of trust and cohesiveness of the team was noticeably improved and the team was able to creatively problem solve together.
Faced with declining sales, an unstable economy, and low employee morale, a small startup company's management team was looking to change course. Specifically, they wanted to get rid of some legacy products and develop new enterprise products.
I conducted interviews and presented my findings to the committee members. We agreed to develop a program that integrated change management, goal setting and decision making. We also identified areas of concern and possible resistance to the change efforts using a survey feedback process. At the conclusion of this organization change project, the company was able to report that its enterprise products more than doubled their overall sales revenue.
About Dr Charles Baker
Since 1994, Charles Baker, PhD, ABPP has served as a Business Psychologist for executives, teams, and organizations. Dr Baker works with individuals and business units through a collaborative process and enables them to reach for and achieve desired goals.
He works with high potential employees and those facing stalled upward job mobility and career derailment. Dr Baker also assists executives in successfully transitioning from subordinate to supervisory roles and enables executive teams to improve decision-making and conflict management skills.
In addition, Dr Baker's extensive experience using job related assessments allows him to assist clients with employment testing and help them to identify and match an executive’s strengths and areas of improvement with the best organization fit.
We can help grow your organization by:
- Facilitating organizational initiatives and culture change
- Facilitating identification of service and product delivery specific to internal and external stakeholders that increase organizational effectiveness
We can help build your team by:
- Developing high performance and effective senior leadership teams
- Facilitating applied and creative problem solving for senior leadership teams
- Facilitating conflict management and decision making in senior leadership teams
- Navigating team members through group dynamics that increase or decrease team effectiveness
We can help your leaders by:
- Assessing senior leaders for selection and promotion
- Assessing and developing/coaching high potential employees for leadership roles
- Assessing and developing/coaching technical managers transitioning to senior leadership roles
- Assessing and developing/coaching leaders with career derailment concerns
- Assessing and developing/coaching high value leaders